Looking through the pain
When X-rays are necessary we have you covered here at Duncraig Chiropractic. We can investigate your spine straight away with digital X-ray facilities located onsite. This avoids any delays referring you to an outside radiology clinic and getting you started with your treatment sooner. This is something that your smaller micro-clinics can’t offer you.
Both visible light and X-rays consist of photon particles conveyed over electromagnetic energy. When carefully controlled, this energy can be used to reveal the internal structure of the body. We find these pictures quite helpful:
- Provide a structural record of your spine
- Locate fractures or other signs of trauma
- Identify evidence of long term spinal degeneration
- Confirm other examination findings
Need to make an appointment?
Some more info
Interestingly, X-rays were discovered soon after the first chiropractic adjustment in 1895. Wilhelm Roentgen, a German physics professor, was experimenting with cathode ray tubes and discovered that an object across the room began to glow. Much to his surprise, when he placed his hand between the tube and the glowing barium screen, he was able to see the bones of his hand.
Wilhelm Roentgen won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1901 for the discovery of the X-ray.
- We take only the most necessary views
- Use the most up to date equipment
- Intensification screens reduce energy used
- Filtration removes unneeded frequencies
- Collimation narrows the energy beam
- Sensitive films shorten exposure time
- Shielding protects sensitive body parts
- Equipment is regularly inspected
We solve body problems
Our other Chiropractic services
Lower back Pain
Not sure if your pain is muscular or something more serious? We’ve got your back.
Whether its stiffness or a serious disc injury you can call us first.
One of the most common complaints we help people within our practice. Let us help you.
Exciting and challenging in more ways than one. Let us support you through this journey.
Chiro For Kids
Kids are people too! They hurt just like us. We can help.
Concerned about your rounded shoulders and slumped posture? Come talk to us.